» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2010, 12:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bite is Good Up At Clear Lake

We launched the boat at the Clear Lake Oaks at around 6:45. Because of all the storms we’ve had these past few weeks, the lake has come up several feet. Surprisingly the water in the lower part of the Rattlesnake Arm is still quite clear (3 feet). Up north though I hear it’s much dirtier. We started off throwing tubes and shakeyheads on some of the rock piles just outside the keys, and around Rattlesnake Island. We bounced around from one rock pile to the next, and noticed that a few spots were absolutely dead, while other spots we would catch several fish. There was no in between, you would either find a school of fish, or you would find the Dead Sea. Most of the bass were caught in 5-10 feet of water, on the top part of a rocky ledge or the pinnacle of the rock pile. We would mark a lot of fish sitting in 15-20 feet, but they didn’t seem to be as active as the shallow bass. It stayed overcast the whole day with a shower every once in a while. In the morning the wind was quite calm, but when a little breeze would pick up we would start throwing ripbaits a little. A Lucky Craft Staysee in chartreuse shad caught a couple nice bass, one just over 4 pounds. At around noon, we worked our way to the narrows and Shag Rock. After spending an hour up in that area without a bite, we headed back to where we started. We caught a couple more bass, but then a cold north wind started blowing. It seemed to have turned off the fish sitting on the rock piles, so we headed into the keys to fish some protected water. I caught a nice one right away on a black spinnerbait. Then Chris caught a few 4 pounders flipping a black and blue jig with a Double Wide Beaver as a trailer. By the end of the day we caught at least 15 bass with the largest going 5.5 pounds. Our best 5 would have gone around 21-22 pounds. Not bad for a cold day in February.
Please visit www.russnyders.com for more fishing reports, videos, and info on Northern California Guide Trips.
<a href="http://www.russnyders.com/">Rus Snyders Guide Service</a>
russnyders is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Bite is Good Up At Clear Lake

I miss Clear Lake. I need to plan a trip again this year.
reddragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Good Report, probably the most honest post I myself have ever seen, if in fact it's honest, and I am not sayin' it's not true, I believe it and thankx
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2010, 09:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rus always posts his reports... He sometimes even has a video to back him up. I met him one time and he's not afraid to give away some of his good spots. With the one time that I've met him, I could tell he was a stand up guy.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rus is a good guy and guide. Thanx for the info you reminded me to throw some tubes in the boat!!!

Dominic
Dom E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

rus is the best, he'll work his tail of to get you into fish (firsthand experience)
Old 03-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the kind words. It's all about helping people out. Whenever I post a report, it's always 100% the truth. I will make sure to keep posting whenever I can, as long as I'm not prefishing for a tournament.
russnyders is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
GB

Russ Rocks I have recommended a few people to him and every one of them say he was a great guide

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Two Locations to Serve You
Russo's Marina & Oakley, CA&nbsp;
(925) 625-2441
GB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in