» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Clear Lake August 20 - 27

Water Temp 76 - 82
Water Clarity 0 to 2 ft

This last week was off and on, some days the fish were willing to bite and then some days it was tough to get a limit.

I fished mostly in the south but I did spend some time up north.

Our best fish were caught on the Ganesh Bug fished shallow, and also caught some nice ones on swimbaits and top water.

There was much less algae this week, some cooler nights and wind helped to break it up.

Tips: In the south try fishing deep with jigs and drop shots, up north try frogs or plastics. Try football jigs and drop shots
in the rocks close to breaks or on the deeper side of the ledge.
Fishing top water and frogs will work but you might have to cover allot of water and run around during the day. Timing is critical so recheck your spots during the day to see when the bite is the best.

Have Fun !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cody with a Nice One.jpg (39.4 KB, 15 views)

Steve Perkins Fishing.com
Clear Lake Fishing Guide
Steve Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2010, 01:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Clear Lake August 20 - 27

Great looking pig there!
blee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

I've struggled to bring in a few fish to the boat with every visit to Clear Lake lately. Every angler I spoke with has experienced the same, including the majority of guides I bump into while on the water. I've been reading your reports lately and you seem to be fairly successful, so what is your secret?
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2010, 12:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

BassBooger ,

The bite has been on and off this year, but you can find fish if you run around and find a pattern, or a couple patterns.
I try and find a deep pattern and a shallow pattern.

I dont really have a "secret" we all fish the same stuff here on Clear Lake, I wish I had a spot to go to and sit there all day...

I do like to fish a lot of reaction baits and sometimes when the fish are in a negative mood or wont hit a small worm or slow moving jig they will hit a reaction bait.

I like to have one or two rods on the deck, but recently it seams like I start out with a couple and by the end of the day there are 10.

There is so much fishing pressure here, these fish see so many lures... Try to show them something different, or present your bait in a different way than they are used to seeing all day long.

Have Fun!

Steve Perkins Fishing.com
Clear Lake Fishing Guide
Steve Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in