» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Casitas 2/26

Fished from 6:30 till 5...I had a good morning with senkos in the skinny water 0-5 feet that dried up so I went to the drophot and caught Much smaller fish and the wind was blowing down my neck from noon on. I caught 4 on the a rig.... ....I almost had my heart stop as I was just dick'n around with the a rig when I learned how to make it work for me on ONE memorable cast. There were over 7 fish at my boat wondering were the bait was....And they were all very healthy brusiers. I didn't catch any of those monsters as I totally repositioned them but I know where they live and while I was shocked to the core to see them all at once like that I think I'd like to fish that spot slow and simple and see what I can't do with a nice slow presentation. This spot is a community hole that we have all caught fish on 12 months out of the year and they are just always there one way or another. Magic spot....all lakes have them. It was nice to see healthy fish but it was just the shear numbers and size from such a small place that rocked my noggin. I went on to catch 4 just hauling through tons of new water with the new club in my bag...These reaction fish were better than my dropshot fish but not as good as the senko fish. One of the bigger senko fish was a big headed skinny bodied sickly look'n girl that used to be much bigger. A truer testament to the shape of the fishery in my opinion. Fishing on and off this next coming week so I hope to have better fishing as each day passes and we move up on this next lunar phase....
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Casitas 2/26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dawg
I caught 4 on the a rig.... ....I almost had my heart stop as I was just dick'n around with the a rig when I learned how to make it work for me on ONE memorable cast.
SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

They don't eat that thing on Casitas!

15.25# Lake Casitas 2001
14.25# Lake Casitas 2009
13.50# Lake Casitas 2003
13.50# Lake Casitas 2005
12.50# Lake Piru 2003
elfish16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

....I gotta say I have put in a lot of time with this contraption { a Rig } and it never fails to amaze me when it does and doesn't work. I was out till they closed the lake on me because of the wind Wednesday and I fished the outta that same bait with no reaction not even follows on it which is just plain wrong . I did however talk to a fella who managed a fish in 40 feet on a jig. I stayed shallow again and stuck 2 over 6 pounds and lost a heart breaker toad because it was on the other side of some rather bad stuff and I had no business being in that knife fight with a with my wus spinning rod....some 65 braid and a broomstick wudda put the zap to her. Fish'n again all day Friday and Sat....
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

I feel for you brother. Sometimes the big one gets away but if you keep casting there is always the chance that things will eventually go your way.
salsinker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in