» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2013, 12:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Casitas 3/23

I fished with a local father and son team during the ABA tournament. We went out relaxed at 7:30 after the blast off but still early enough. We wanted to stay out of every bodies way but that turned out not to be an issue. We caught fish mainly on dropshot baits. My tip is to truly dead stick the bait. For the last few weeks I have been catching my better fish by fishing a slack line. I don't like it but the fish have been setting the hook for me. It's like wait'n on a whisker fish to come eat cut bait but I'm doing okay by casting and waiting it out. We had an average day by the looks at the weights for the day. Dad had a very nice smallmouth early on and we caught one of the wayward trout at 3:00 when Dad was reeling in after working his worm along some structure and pow! half way back to the boat he get's a 4-5 pound rainbow on his ultra light rig. Wayward Trout you say? Aye sez I! I guess someone screwed the pooch when they buttoned up the net and set the docks for the last Take a Kid/trout plant/whatever of the year and $10,000 bucks worth of trout swam out into the lake like a wild heard of cows....I didn't hear what they did officially to patch up the fact that they advertised the event but the rumors I heard would have been a very sad alternative if true. When we pulled out at 3:30 we fizzed one of the 2 floaters and the launch ramp. Those who are placing the best this year in the tournaments seem to have stayed on the main body of deep fish from this winter and incrementally come up to 25 feet or so on this March full moon. April will have it all prespawn/spawn/postspawn just like in March only this will be the main body of fish
Salty Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in