» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Casitas 12/2 Report

Wow....Nobody has been out on the water since since March. I have been off the water since the first week of August due to health issues with two Major surgeries behind me and one more to go this Monday I finally felt I had enough energy to get the boat hooked up/launched and fish for maybe half a day. I got on the water at 8 and with one rod in hand went looking for the spoon bite. I caught a total of 9 fish on my BPS ¾ oz. tungsten spoon. 5 keepers with my best fish being a 4-5 pounder. My fish were on wood structure in 30 feet of water. I talked with another angler at the ramp and he had 3 fish on worms. Funny bite on the spoon. While rip'n it rhythmically up off the bottom I would catch the fish by stopping the spoon a foot off the bottom and let just dangle it in front of their faces and pow! They really got suckered into it cuz that spoon falls so **** fast they really have to want it to get it in their mouths....The smaller fish just inhaled it to their stomach as I deadsticked the branches and roots I was fishing and I had solid hook ups on all of the better fish. It might be that they wanted more of a flutter and that is why I had to stop and wait for them I will hope to find out a little more on this bite on this coming Friday when I will going out on a trip in my buddies boat. It's cold out and its going to be getting really cold in the coming days and weeks. Bitter cold is the best thing for a spoon bite so I hope to stay on fish for the foreseeable future. I am certain that The A-rig and some sort of jig and worm bite is on I just like to put fish in the boat as fast as I can drop my spoon back down and the Casitas fish were quite happy to give me a fun day on the water. If you don't think that the shad are haul'n ass around the lake try to keep up with a school of western grebes as they shove the schools of threadfine down the bank and you'll realize why the fish flip on and off as fast as they do. I was lucky on my first spot as the grebes had apparently been pushing bait around the spot all morning which led me to almost instantaneous hook ups which after my hiatus I was ill prepared for but more than willing to overcome my shocked feeling of (“ I'M BIT “ ) into more of a (“ I knew they'd be home” ) I fished shear walls for the most part but have to say that isolated wood at 30 feet worked out best for me versus the shear wall rocks at the same depth. You can just drive along looking at your meter looking for activity or or just fish spots that give the fish an opportunity at jumping those thread fin ( points and the edges of the cuts in the stone walls) Since I was just out on the water kind of dazed and feeling good about just having a rod in my hand again I just fished and noted the results. Good Luck to all and I hope to start posting my trips again as soon as I recover from my next surgery.

Rip
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in