» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2009, 12:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Here's your fishing report

Watched my buddy Tom catch this thing at Otay today.Bass fishing was horrible. Fished a turkey shoot and only got one short myself. My son had one bite that he missed. The tournament was won with with 5 pounds and change.
The kitty went 41 pounds on a quick boat digi weigh.
Robert F is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2009, 01:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Here's your fishing report

Holy crap! That thing is huge, must have been a heck of a fight.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

There was about 4 boats nearby when he hooked up. The consensus was Carp as it would just stay down and make long runs. Tom called it out of the gate. "Big blue has got my bait and I want it back." Water temp was 57. Cloudy, rainy and a little wind. I thought there would be a chance for a swimbait fish. No luck. Kind of the way San Diego fishing has been going. There is a lot of talk down here that catch and release may be the reason for the decline in our fishing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

I was at Otay all weekend Robert F. I would have said whats up if i saw you.Darn man. I was in the Grey and white champ launching when all those derbies were weighing in. We absolutely stroked them. I broke off Moe yesterday. Watched her jump 2 times with my bait in her mouth. Im hooked on Otay like crack. Im so over Perris. I love new lakes. First two trips we had tons of fish but tough finding keepers and yesterday we figured out some stuff to get bigger bites. Beautiful day on the water yesterday. Def a better bite than sat, and nice weather. Got to love 58.8 degree water in January
Curry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

I didnt spend much time in the back of Harvey.. pulled in and didnt like the way it looked and bolted. Nice to know there are kitties back there though.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

If you whacked em you should have been in one of those derbies! Nobody whacked em. 5 or 6 pounds was a good day. My son and I did not figure them out. There were guys gettin em on the cranks but they were workin for it.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

yeah we heard the weights and were pretty bummed. We are looking to see how NBW on the 31st is. We shall see what it takes.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

I would jump on it John if you can stay on em. That lake has very few hero days. Only one that comes to mind is that 30-40 pound sack that Kerr and Long hammered the first year they planted trout. It may have been 40 plus. Second place was a teener bag.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

yeah those guys are deadly down there. Some ones got to give them a run for their money. . It would be awesome to win the san diego region from orange county. We are putting alot of work in down there. Next season should be fun. With san v being closed.. i see it being hodges, el crap and slowtay. I love sd. Such a nicer drive heading down the 5 staring at surf versus hauling ass through mead valley.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

We were talking about doing the 31st one. But i have Perris for the next 3 weekends.. GAY. I would want to go brush up before we make a SD debut. My partner wants to jump all over it.. i on the other would like to spend the next few months dialing in those 3 lakes and come out with a bang.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in