» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fishing in the rain!!

Well since it has been a while I felt it was appropriate to speak to the weather and how it effects us when fishing.

Take the few minutes to make sure your bilge is working properly. 5 minutes could save you..literally.

Spend the $5 and buy some waterproffing spray for your rain gear. Mine failed on me on Saturday and with 50 temps outside I was miserable. It held up for the majority of the day but just got to wet. The sprays will help and are usually good for a couple of months.

Check your floor drains, if the are plugged your bilge will do you no good so make sure they are clear.

Keep some reel oil or spray to keep your gear working right, do ot before the day in the rain and after.

Keep extra clothes in a dry bag either in the car or boat. Just in case you ignore the waterproffing spray suggestion above.

Don't forget to drink water, when its cold and rainy your body can become dehydrated very easy. This will make it easier for you to get sick or possibly become hypothermic.

And last don't forget everything is wet and slippery keep your feet steady or you will be going for a swim, then your day is for sure ruined.
texas john is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in