» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2013, 03:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Arsenal...????

Got out of Bass Fishing for about 2 years now =(
I got bit by the bass bug again. I wanna start fishing again.

Here is a look into my new system/arsenal I want to build for this year based upon my knowledge and experience thus far with the sport of bass fishing. Its geared towards what I like, feel and have come to known about bass fishing gear and techniques for so. cal lakes and ponds.

Spinning Reel:
1 x 6-8 lb

Spinning Rod:
7 Medium extra fast

Casting reels:
1 x 10lb
2 x 12lb
2 x 15lb
1 x 30-40lb braid

Casting Rods:
7 Medium med/mod fast
7 Medium extra fast
7 Medium heavy med/mod fast
7 Medium heavy extra fast
7 Heavy fast
72-74 Medium extra fast
72-74 Medium heavy extra fast

In my opinion...I can cover "most" techniques with the above system. The only techniques I can't cover is large swimbaits and alabama rigs. I personally don't like fishing those techniques. But with the above system...I feel I have hit every technique in the book albeit the swimbaits and A-Rig. My system is geared a little on the finesse side of every technique.

Tell me what you guys think. Where can I improve or any suggestions as to where I might need a specific rod or reel? Technique Specific?

Thanks for the help.
dinklimit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinklimit View Post
Got out of Bass Fishing for about 2 years now =(
I got bit by the bass bug again. I wanna start fishing again.

Here is a look into my new system/arsenal I want to build for this year based upon my knowledge and experience thus far with the sport of bass fishing. Its geared towards what I like, feel and have come to known about bass fishing gear and techniques for so. cal lakes and ponds.

Spinning Reel:
1 x 6-8 lb

Spinning Rod:
7 Medium extra fast

Casting reels:
1 x 10lb
2 x 12lb
2 x 15lb
1 x 30-40lb braid

Casting Rods:
7 Medium med/mod fast
7 Medium extra fast
7 Medium heavy med/mod fast
7 Medium heavy extra fast
7 Heavy fast
72-74 Medium extra fast
72-74 Medium heavy extra fast

In my opinion...I can cover "most" techniques with the above system. The only techniques I can't cover is large swimbaits and alabama rigs. I personally don't like fishing those techniques. But with the above system...I feel I have hit every technique in the book albeit the swimbaits and A-Rig. My system is geared a little on the finesse side of every technique.

Tell me what you guys think. Where can I improve or any suggestions as to where I might need a specific rod or reel? Technique Specific?

Thanks for the help.
looks good, have fun shopping and u myswell times by 2..once u start u wont stop...i know...
kujomon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 12:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

I will make it easy for you. Buy for your go to techniques. So if your a CB fisherman then buy CB rods and choose your line based on the water you will fish most often. Don't spend tons of $$$ on stuff you may or may not use. Just my $0.02.
texas john is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in