» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 01:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Making the right choices on the water...

I was at Clearlake outdoors the other day listening to talk about a guy who recently won a tournament by hanging in there. He was on water he thought was his payday but little was happening. He was disappointed but caught dink and was wondering where to go. Toward the end of the day as he was ready to pack it in, bam bam bam, 5, 6 and 7 pounds to win.

He obviously did the right thing but here's my question? Could he have tried to anticipate where they were previous to that? Where were they suspended, whatever? Risk losing his water and look elsewhere and return? Do you ever wait hours for fish to come in to stake your water or do you try to show up when they do?

Thanks for the question. I never hole sit waiting for the fish to come to me. The odds are against me.

If you are on a body of water that you know real well, you will start learning areas that bass frequent depending on weather conditions and time of year which plays in your favor and allows you to make better choices throughout your day.

But on bodies of water that you tournament fish a couple of times a year you have to depend on your years of experience and intuition. It all comes down to making good choices. If you make good choices you generally have a good tournament.

The fisherman that caught the 5,6, and 7 lber late in the day, obviously made the right choice, but he may have done much better if he had moved around and then come back later in the day. But it's a judgement call...I'd like to catch a 5,6, and 7 lber in the last hour! What's his name, I have a question for him.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Mike
mike folkestad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in