» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Folkestad Special Worm

What's the story behind the color "Folkstad Special"? Did you come up with the color for a special order or was it something they decided to name after you? How exactly did the color come about?

Vince Borrego

In the late 70's Mister Twister Worms had a purple color phenom 6" worm with a little curl tail. Purple has always been an awesome color on all the desert lakes from Havasu to Powell. Purple is one of my favorite colors for desert lakes. Then as time went by they started putting flake in worms. Mister Twister had one that was purple with red flake in it. That became my 2nd favorite worm. When fishing a worm on a dart head and doodle shaking evolved, I decided I wanted a 4" and 6" straight tail purple worm with less red flake. So I had a friend of mine named Zank hand pour the color for me for the 1985 US Open. I didn't win the tournament with that worm alone but, all the worm fish I caught were on that purple worm. Then I got involved with Angler's Choice Products and had him pour the worm of my choice and we called it the Folkestad Special. He went out of business and then I had Robo pour the worm and we called it the Folkestad Special also.
mike folkestad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in