Co-angler making the move to the front of the boat; WON Bass - California Bass Fishing Forum
» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Co-angler making the move to the front of the boat; WON Bass

Hey Mike, I am looking to make the jump from a AAA to the Pro this year on the southern series of the Won Bass as well as fish all the northern events as a AAA. What helpful tips or advice can you give myself as well as other anglers looking to make this jump. Thanks for your advice in advance and good luck to you this upcoming 2010 season.

Andy

Great question. I'm glad you are making the move to the front. I understand you have a new boat, that's great!

Do your homework. Start with lake elevations, water temperature, study your map. Depending on the time of year, you basically should know what the fish are doing. Study your map, dividing the lake into different areas you've chose to fish, co-ordinate that with the amount of pre fish days you have.

Make sure everything in your boat is always in good working order. Carry a spare trolling motor to the tournaments. Carry spare parts on your boat such as light bulbs, fuses, tolling motor switches, tolling motor rope, WD-40, and so forth.

Have plenty of spare line on board, extra tackle, and so forth, in case your co-angler is in need. Utilize your co-angler to his full potential to help maximize your day's catch.

I think WON Bass Southern division is a great choice you have made because they have a great format and you don't have to fish head to head.
Good luck on the WON Bass Southern Division.

P.S. Save me some fish! See ya on the water.

Mike Folkestad
mike folkestad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in