» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 09:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Humminbird 2D Color Pallets and Backgrounds

Original Color Pallete

Pallette 1

Pallete 2

Pallete 3

Gray

Inverse

Green

Then you can add the White Line to help see the bottom hugging returns better:

You can also see all the Color Pallets and How to Change in this Video Clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMbUyD6daEc

Sponsored by these fine companies: Skeeter Boats, Yamaha Outboards, MinnKota Motors & Chargers, Humminbird Electronics, Dobyn's Rods, LakeMaster Charts, Transducer Shield and Saver, LuckyCraft Lures, Daiwa Reels, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Custom Tackle, BullShad Swimbaits, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovations, Massey Ferguson Farm Equipment.

Learn more about Side Imaging: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/si
DougV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Humminbird 2D Color Pallets and Backgrounds

In your opinion, what is the best pallet and background to see fish? Also is the fish ID worth it ?

Jigs
Old 02-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

My personal preference is "Orginal Color Pallet" with White Background but there is no one is better than others. THey will all show the same data but what I have learned is some owners eye's see color differently and they register differently in their brains. For example I was showing my team partner something on the graph and he could not see it...he found out he was color blind. That is why Humminbird offers many different color pallets and backgrounds so you can find the combination that makes it easiest for you.

My reason for original color pallet is because the strongest returns are a real bright red and that jumps outs especially in my side vision...if I'm not directly focusing on the screen the red color alerts me to look. That's what works for me. I suggest experimenting with the different combiantion and find what helps you see the data. Smae thing in SI/DI with the different color pallets there.

I will let Mike discuss Fish ID since he has some great images of how it works. And it does work!

Sponsored by these fine companies: Skeeter Boats, Yamaha Outboards, MinnKota Motors & Chargers, Humminbird Electronics, Dobyn's Rods, LakeMaster Charts, Transducer Shield and Saver, LuckyCraft Lures, Daiwa Reels, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Custom Tackle, BullShad Swimbaits, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovations, Massey Ferguson Farm Equipment.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

Ok. The original color pallet screen you have on here. What is the dark red (rocks). Also looks like the blue/green arch is fish ?
Old 02-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

The pile on the right edge is a Brush Pile. The weaker blue and green are fish on the outer edge of the cone angle.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Explain to me please, RTS window narrow or wide ?
Old 02-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

RTS is the vertical bar flasher on the far right edge. Narrow is in color Wide is in mononchrome. I use the Narrow RTS for vertical fishing

Old 02-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIGS
In your opinion, what is the best pallet and background to see fish? Also is the fish ID worth it ?

Jigs
Jigs, I use Fish ID not to ID fish but to ID fish that are specifically under the boat. When you are working a decent size school of fish under the boat due to the beam widths of your sonar it can be difficult to determine what fish is near your spoon.

With the Humminbird FISH ID technology of turning certain fish a certain color I can better indicate what groups of fish are directly under my boat so I can determine exactly what depth I need to present my spoon to catch those fish.

Here is the excerpt out of the Humminbird catalog and a screen shot to go with it to explain my point. The red cloud I have in the beams there kinda shows why some fish show up on the screen but shows why there are only a few orange fish (directly under the boat)

[IMG]

Triton Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in