» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2012, 12:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Using SI to Catch PreSpawn & PostSpawn Bass

I just returned from the BASS Central Open on Table Rock Lake and with the Help of my Humminbird Side Imaging and Lakemaster Maps I was able to dial into the bite and locations. I found a Pattern to catch the Post Spawn Bass from the first wave and in the same areas was catching PreSpawn fish from the next wave coming in. The Key Was Boulder Rocks the size of Basketballs or 3' Diameter that these fish were using to recover or wait to move in to the spawning areas. The fish were staged near deep water but in about 8' to 12' of water. And a key was crawfish and bream. So my bait of choice was a LuckyCraft Flat CB DR in Ghost Aurora Golden Shiner it had the brown hues of the crawfish and similar colors of the bream that were in the area.

One of the practice fish that ate the Lucky Craft Flat CB DR

But the Key was boat position. And LakeMaster made that easy with matching the current lake level and using the shaded depth feature I could color just outside the target depth to position my boat. This allowed me to quickly see the the target depth and my boat position without having to stay focused on the depth and I could see ahead of me how the depth changed to keep the boat properly positioned.

After about a 2 Days of practice I had figured out how to catch them the key was finding more areas to fish in this multiple day event. This is where Humminbird Side Imaging with it's superior ability of showing details from the bank to below the boat as an even display helped me pinpoint each bolder and the areas I needed to fish to be successful.

It wasn't just largemouth but also spotted bass...

But Smallmouth too...

And Chunky Largemouths

So using Lake Master Maps Exclusive features and super high details. Helped me properly position my boat on the places Humminbird Side Imaging found.

Day one I was in 6th Place. But Day 2 I had the opportunities to succeed and feel very confident that I had the fish to be leading if not in the top 3 hooked up. But some netting malfunctions kept me from making the Top 12 Cut by a mere 5 Ounces and settled for a 15th Place Tie.

[IMG]
Photo Courtesy of BASS by Legendary Photographer James Overstreet.

So next time you get on the water trust your electronics and use your maps to get dialed in to where the fish are and how to catch them in multiple places.

Sponsored by these fine companies: Skeeter Boats, Yamaha Outboards, MinnKota Motors & Chargers, Humminbird Electronics, Dobyn's Rods, LakeMaster Charts, Transducer Shield and Saver, LuckyCraft Lures, Daiwa Reels, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Custom Tackle, BullShad Swimbaits, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovations, Massey Ferguson Farm Equipment.

Learn more about Side Imaging: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/si
DougV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 01:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Using SI to Catch PreSpawn & PostSpawn Bass

Doug,
I am new to the Birds, but when will Lake Master be available for California?
Really cool stuff!
Thanks
Power Pole Shallow Water Anchor System
J & R Oil Well
JRich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: Using SI to Catch PreSpawn & PostSpawn Bass

LakeMaster is in an intensive Expansion Phase from it's tradition area of Upper Midwest...they will be expanding with Nationwide coverage as they can get Lakes Scanned. It takes alot of resources and time to scan all the lakes as they expand but they are coming!

Sponsored by these fine companies: Skeeter Boats, Yamaha Outboards, MinnKota Motors & Chargers, Humminbird Electronics, Dobyn's Rods, LakeMaster Charts, Transducer Shield and Saver, LuckyCraft Lures, Daiwa Reels, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Custom Tackle, BullShad Swimbaits, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovations, Massey Ferguson Farm Equipment.

Learn more about Side Imaging: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/si
DougV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the California Bass Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in