» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance
Thread: EWG & Red Hooks
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 01:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
mike folkestad

Default EWG & Red Hooks

Hi Mike I have a question about changing out treble hooks on hard baits such as rip baits and crank baits I was wondering what styles of hooks you use for which situation such as round bend or ewgs and do you think the whole red hook deal is that important? Thank you very much for taking the time to answer this question for me and all the other guys on this site as I think a lot of people need to know this stuff.- Dan

Thanks for the question Dan.

After many hours of fishing, I have come to the conclusion that my hook up and loss ratio percentage is far better with EWG. I use EWG hooks exclusively on all jerkbaits, crankbaits, and topwater baits.

Using a red hook, I have experimented this for many hours and have not been able to prove to myself that the red hook makes a difference. The only place that I use a red hook is at the Delta, sometimes. For some reason the bass love red crankbaits...so I don't have a problem using a red hook at the Delta.

mike folkestad is offline   Reply With Quote