» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance
Thread: DELTA UPDATE
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
GB

Default DELTA UPDATE

The Snag Proof tournament is over and there were a lot of fish caught, the size wasn't there like it has been but it was still a good bite.
The fish changed from the week before because of the cool weather and wind. More fish were caught on open water then under mats.
There is a very good crank bait bite on points with current and flats near by. If the points have grass beds on them by all means punch the grass beds or rig a Senko texas style and flip them.
And for those of you that weren't at the weigh-ins and saw some of the fish there is another spawn happening as we speak, mostly in the East and South Delta. Water temp ranges from 66 to 73 degrees.

For those of you that like to chase the stripers they are beginning to show up. Fish traps and Big Hammers are working well in areas like Big Break and Sherman fish the current around the islands and the openings in the levies, Rattle Traps in colors 161, 25B and 25 are also working in the same type of places.

I know the fishing has been tough the last couple of years the change I have noticed is the weeds disappeared the salt intrusion coming further into the Delta and a lack of bait fish (blue gill and shad). I noticed this year more weeds and the blue gill has showed back up at Russo's. I think the fishing is going to be much better in future.
When you come to the Delta stop at the Hook Line and Sinker we will give you any infor you need.

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Two Locations to Serve You
Russo's Marina & Oakley, CA 
(925) 625-2441
GB is offline   Reply With Quote