» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
201pro

Default FS: '05 ETEC 225HO

OK ... the bad news, this motor has a bad #4 cylinder. Starts and runs, but not enough power to push my boat on plane. The lower unit is about 16 months old (probably around 80hrs or so on the lower unit); factory new when it was installed, not a refurb or re-man one. The lower unit cost little over $6,000 installed. Around $5,500 or so from the factory. The starter was about 2-3 years old and was replaced under warranty. The fuel pump is BRAND NEW ... just installed before they told me I also had a bad cylinder.

The motor today is in the west delta area (Oakley/Antioch/Brentwood). It has a brand new fuel pump, everything else is working fine. The powerhead has probably ~500 hours on it (second power head on this motor; first one was replace under warranty before my owning it). It would be a good candidate for a rebuild ... but I bit the bullet and am buying a new 250HO (MSRP $19K ... makes me shiver thinking about it) instead.

I'm asking $4,000 "as is" picked up locally right now. Email me at [email protected] ... thanks for looking

Chris
201pro is offline   Reply With Quote