California Bass Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Alabama Rig: yay or nay?
» Site Navigation
» Home
»
 > Search
 > FAQ
» Forum Search
» Insurance
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #74 (permalink)
JIGS

Default Re: Alabama Rig: yay or nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_epperson
You don't think it flat out catches fish better than any other technique? Just look at the ABT post.
If it does Ep, and you honestly believe that, then I suggest you go out and throw it and win some money and become a Pro. If it's that easy! (NOT)!
Like all baits, once you learn how to, tweek them to your likeing and knowledge, know just how, when and where to throw the bait like any other bait, yes it will catch fish and has. Can it be beat by a drop shot rig, a jig, any other bait; depends who is fishing the other baits, sure it can ! We are not talking a three rig treble rig that you can drag accross a bass nest or a Salmon bed here, we are talking about a new bait that for now, works. Just like the Hud did, the Chatterbait did, (the Raygo BV special did a year ago, and the Reese Raygo special) (everybody had to have one); and still do: (if , if you know how to)! Heck, ban my side scan/down scan that is supposed to actually show you where the fish are and where they live! I don't know how to use it properly anyway. As far as ABT video, ABT makes some great baits. The same type of video was made when they came out with their swimbaits, flat out caught fish. But then the fish had never seen that bait before either, plus you have guys that know what they are doing and how to throw the baits and where and when.